It’s official. I have an obsession with stuffed chicken.
I’ve had much success lately in the kitchen with the concept of stuffed chicken, mainly with the help from SkinnyTaste.com. From chicken cordon bleu, to jalapeño stuffed chicken, there isn’t much that I don’t want to stuff inside a chicken breast these days.
The other night was no different. Feeling bored and wanting some new flavors, I brought up the SkinnyTaste site and was so thrilled to have found this recipe for Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts. Both Ry and I are big fans of buffalo anything, so I knew this would be an easy hit for my oh-so picky partner.
I’m happy to share it with you all! Please let me know if you try it – and what you think!
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts – Original Recipe Link
Servings: 5 Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast
Calories: 172 • Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 5 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Protein: 22 g • Sugar: 1.7 g
Sodium: 799 mg (without salt)
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar
- 4 wedges light Laughing Cow blue cheese
- 1/3 cup celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 (3 oz each) thin boneless chicken breasts cutlets
- 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp Franks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp light butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
- Mix cheddar, laughing cow, celery, green onion, carrot, salt & pepper in a medium dish.
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, placing an even amount of mixture in the middle and spread down the center.
- In a medium bowl, make a breading station out of crushed ritz crumbs. In another bowl combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice as a dredging mixture.
- Roll chicken breasts in the mayonnaise mixture, then into cracker crumbs, and put on a lightly greased pan, seam side down.
- Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, melt butter and mix with the remaining hot sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken breast and serve.
We served this meal with a baked potato and a nicely sized salad. Thank you once again for saving dinner time, SkinnyTaste!