Okay, my #1 food weakness in this world has got to be the amazing and delicious Galley Boy burger from the locally-operated burger chain, Swenson’s. I may be able to say “no” to many-a burger, but the Galley Boy just has a supreme power over me that I cannot deny.
Since I (unfortunately or fortunately, whichever way you look at it) do not live very close to a Swenson’s restaurant, I only am able to indulge in these burgers once I blue moon. On a whim, I did a Google search for a “copycat” recipe and found this yummy looking one, which seems pretty accurate and informative! I decided to share the recipe with you all below, because I know I’m not the only one who is obsessed with these delicious pieces of burger heaven!
Note: I do not own this recipe, nor am I affiliated with Swenson’s. No infringement is intended. Original recipe source here.
Swenson’s Galley Boy Copycat Recipe
- Mix a generous amount of brown sugar to your ground beef! And I mean generous amount! You want to make sure that your burgers aren’t too big, a 1/4 lb burger will do!
- You want to make sure you have fresh baked buns from your local deli or whatnot. Make sure you butter the buns and toast them lightly!
- Velveeta Cheese is key! Not the pre-sliced Velveeta, make sure you get the real deal Velveeta cheese block and slice it your self!
- Swenson’s Burgers are generally served with: Cheese, Vidalia Onions, Pickles & Mustard unless otherwise specified!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pickle relish, and minced onion. Stir in pickle juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Delicious Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
In a medium bowl, whisk together taco sauce, white sugar, molasses, vegetable oil, cider vinegar, soy sauce, dry hot mustard, dried oregano and hot pepper sauce. Chill covered in the refrigerator until ready for use.
If you decide to try this recipe out for yourself, please let me know how it goes! I can’t wait to try it for myself – nom, nom, nom!