When I first heard about the 3-Day Refresh system from Beachbody, I was admittedly a little skeptical of how much could actually be accomplished with a 3-day cleanse. However, when I started hearing about and seeing results from my other teammates, I knew this was something I had to look in to.
I recently have been indulging a bit more in treats and sweets than I typically do – between summer parties, family in town, and the typical struggles of someone working full time, I found myself giving in to temptation in regards to food way more regularly – and the results were starting to show in my body. I decided what better time than now to try this 3-Day Refresh out – and I’m really happy that I made that choice! Here is my HONEST review of the 3-Day Refresh system.
WHAT IS THE 3-DAY REFRESH™?
The 3-Day Refresh is a scientifically designed program that helps you fast-track your weight loss, kick-start healthy eating, and get a clean break from bad nutrition habits. 3-Day Refresh is a simple, straightforward program that will help cleanse your body and improve the way you feel—without starving yourself. Unlike juice cleanses or liquid fasts which tend to be high in sugar and low in protein (leaving you feeling weak, hungry, and sluggish), this easy-to-follow program helps support your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. For 3 days you’ll follow a program of 3 shakes a day, a fiber drink, plenty of filtered water, plus a wide array of fresh fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats throughout the day to keep your energy and metabolism going.
Maybe you feasted like a king or queen over the weekend, and want get back on track. Perhaps you simply just want to lose that last bit of annoying pudge. Maybe you used to eat healthy but little by little you fell off the wagon and now are ready to climb back on. It’s also possible you’ve never had a healthy diet but you’re finally ready to start. Sometimes you want to quickly drop a few pounds for an upcoming social event. Or perhaps you’re kick-starting a new workout program and want to shift into high gear right away. Or maybe, just maybe, you’re ready for a few days of clean eating just because it’s the right thing to do.
Whatever your “maybe” may be, we all have those times when we want to get our nutrition on track—and that’s what the 3-Day Refresh is all about. This program is the easiest way to break the cycle of bad eating habits while creating new ones, conquer your cravings, flatten your stomach, feel lighter and more energized, sleep more soundly, detoxify your body, and dramatically improve the way you feel—ALL WITHOUT STARVING!
HOW DOES THE 3-DAY REFRESH WORK?
For 3 days you’ll have a superfood-packed Shakeology® shake for breakfast along with a fruit option; a Fiber Sweep digestive health drink later in the morning; a satisfying, high-protein Vanilla Fresh shake for lunch, accompanied by fresh fruit, vegetables, and healthy fat options throughout the afternoon. For dinner, you’ll have another Vanilla Fresh shake along with your choice from a list of delicious, easy-to-prepare dinner recipes. You can also have tea twice a day and as much filtered water as you like (we suggest you drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces per day).
WHAT SETS 3-DAY REFRESH APART FROM OTHER 3-DAY CLEANSE PROGRAMS?
Juice cleanses and other popular short-term cleanses provide incomplete nutrition promoting muscle loss instead of fat loss and can cause a rebound due to the lack of adequate protein, low fiber, and/or high sugar levels. Many juice cleanses range from $50–$70 per day, while this 3-day program is only $23 per day for the Complete Kit. It offers a superior nutritional solution and also will serve as a great door opener for purchases of Shakeology and/or the Ultimate Reset®.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE REFRESHING.
The 3-Day Refresh is a low-calorie program (about 900 calories a day) but because the shakes and fresh food selections are high in protein and fiber, they will help keep you satiated throughout the day. Because this program is packed with fiber, if you don’t already have a diet that’s high in fruits, veggies, and whole grains, it’s a good idea to prepare for the 3-Day Refresh by eating a large salad and/or a few servings of fresh veggies throughout the week leading up to it. If you get a little gas or bloating, this is a sign that you need to up your fiber levels in general. Fiber promotes satiety, balances blood sugar, promotes cardiovascular health, and keeps your digestive tract functioning. If gas is an issue, we’ve highlighted the “low gas-producing” options in the veggie list and dinner recipes in the menu guide. It’s also incredibly important to stay hydrated during the 3-Day Refresh. Water is the body’s lubricant and is required for every major process. It keeps your digestion flowing, flushes out toxins, keeps your system balanced, and helps control hunger. We recommend drinking half your body weight in ounces every day. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking at least 75 ounces of filtered water every day
Each day of the 3-Day Refresh is broken down into the following schedule:
- Breakfast – Shakeology + 1 fruit option
- Tea Break – Unsweetened herbal or green tea
- Late AM – Fiber sweep digestive drink
- Lunch – Vanilla Fresh Shake + 1 fruit option + 1 veggie option + 1 healthy fat option
- Snack – 1 veggie option + 1 healthy fat option OR 1 raw juice option
- Tea Break – Unsweetened herbal tea
- Dinner – Vanilla Fresh Shake + 1 option from Dinner Recipes List
- Tea Break – Unsweetened herbal tea
I find that I work well when given a set schedule to follow, so I liked that each day was basically the same. By Day 2 I had already gotten the “hang” of it and didn’t need to reference my Refresh guide as frequently. Here are a couple of notations from my journey (sorry if they are a little sporatic, I made notes throughout and this is the results of that):
- I’m not really a tea drinker, so I ignored the “tea breaks” and instead enjoyed water throughout the day. This is pretty typical for me anyways, so no big changes here.
- The Fiber Sweep was not pleasant by any means, but I did get it down. This was definitely the “worst” part of the Refresh, but it really isn’t that bad. Tastes to me like watered down oatmeal mixed with vitamins. ::shrug:: Meh.
- The Vanilla Fresh shake was actually delicious! I mixed with a few extracts (vanilla, almond) throughout to mix up my taste palette a bit so I didn’t get bored.
- My typical dinner was a large salad. I found this was the best way for me to feel “full” alongside my dinner shake.
- While the Refresh wasn’t HARD, I did find myself craving non-Refresh foods throughout the 3 Days – real honesty here! It didn’t help to watch my fiancé eat his yummy calorie-filled dinners, but I stayed strong and on schedule the entire 3 days, with no cheats! #proud
- I advise you use Shakeology blender bottles to blend the Fiber Sweep /Vanilla Fresh shake. They don’t blend as well with ice as Shakeology does, and the blender bottle helps to remove “clumps” from the formula(s).
- Drink lots of water! When detoxing through this system, its important to replenish your system by keeping hydrated.
- Take it one day at a time. It’s only three days. You can do this!
So, after all of this, what were my results?
- 3 pounds lost
- Increased energy
- Improved sleep
- Inches lost! (Real honesty here, I never measured myself. Yikes! But I definitely SEE and FEEL the inches that are gone, and you can see them in the photo above, too!)
Overall, I am impressed with the 3-Day Refresh and the results it has given me. I notice a huge improvement in my body, as well as the foods I am now craving. I will definitely be keeping the Refresh in my “back pocket” for future upcoming events, especially the wedding next year! This is definitely an awesome way to quickly and easily shed that bloat and those extra pounds!
The best part about the 3 Day Refresh? The Refresh Challenge Pack is on SALE through 7/31 for only $140 ($20 off the regular price) – so definitely get your copy today before the price raises next month!
How to get the 3-Day Refresh:
The Challenge Pack is available HERE
The 3-Day Refresh Complete Kit is available HERE
Message me for more information about the 3-Day Refresh today! Pricing is good through Thursday 7/31/14 12:00pm PST.